The University of Edinburgh is an acclaimed institution of higher education with a long-standing reputation for academic excellence. Its vast array of degree programs attracts students from around the globe, and the university strives to make its education accessible to those from outside the UK; therefore, they offer scholarships for international students as part of its commitment.
Types of University of Edinburgh Scholarships for International Students
The University of Edinburgh provides several scholarships for international students, such as:
1. Edinburgh Global Undergraduate Scholarships
These scholarships are available to international students starting their first year of undergraduate study at the University of Edinburgh. Each scholarship is worth £2,000 per year and tenable throughout the duration of the student’s undergraduate degree.
2. Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships
These scholarships are awarded to outstanding international students wishing to pursue a PhD or research master’s degree at the University of Edinburgh. Worth £16,000 annually, these awards cover tuition fees as well as provide a stipend for living expenses.
3. Edinburgh Global Online Distance Learning Scholarships
These scholarships are available to support students studying online at the University of Edinburgh. Each scholarship can award up to £5,000 and is given on academic merit and financial need.
4. Edinburgh Global Masters Scholarships
These scholarships are awarded to outstanding international students who want to pursue a full-time master’s degree at the University of Edinburgh. Worth £10,000, these funds are tenable for one academic year.
Each scholarship has different eligibility requirements, but some general criteria apply to all. In order to be eligible for any of the University of Edinburgh’s scholarships for international students, applicants must meet:
- Have been offered a place on a degree program at the University of Edinburgh
- Be classified as an international student
- Meet English language requirements for their course of study
- Demonstrate academic excellence
- Demonstrate financial need (where applicable).
The application process for each scholarship differs, but some general guidelines remain constant across all programs. To be eligible to apply for one of Edinburgh University’s scholarships for international students, individuals must first:
- Apply for a degree program at the University of Edinburgh
- Receive an offer of admission from the University of Edinburgh
- Complete and submit a scholarship application by the deadline
- Demonstrate academic excellence and financial need (where applicable)
Deadline for Application
Scholarship deadlines differ for each scholarship program. Those interested should consult the University of Edinburgh website for details regarding each scholarship’s application deadline.
The University of Edinburgh strives to make its education accessible to students from all backgrounds, including those outside the UK. That is why the university offers scholarships for international students that help cover tuition fees and living expenses – making it easier for international students to pursue academic goals at Edinburgh. Those interested in applying should consult the University of Edinburgh’s website for eligibility criteria and application details.