Southern Cross University Scholarships are currently open for International students. As a public university in Australia, the University has campuses at Coffs Harbour in northern New South Wales, Lismore, and Coolangatta, the most southern suburb of the Gold Coast in Queensland. The University has been ranked by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings among the top 100 young universities in the world.
Southern Cross University offers two Scholarships, Vice Chancellor’s Academic Excellence Scholarship and SCU International Regional Scholarship, and they are partially funded for students worldwide to apply for free. This scholarship is available for Undergraduate and Masters studies only. The SCU scholarships, valued at $5,000 to $8,000 fees reduction annually, are paid in installments throughout each study year, commencing in the first session and continuing. This is based on the successful completion of each study session.
You are required to satisfy the following criteria if wishing to apply for the Southern Cross University International Regional Scholarship:
1. Apply for undergraduate or postgraduate coursework at Gold Coast, Lismore, or Coffs Harbour campus to study full-time (8 units annually).
2. You must meet the minimum admission requirements of the University as an applicant.
- Entry into undergraduate programs: A degree comparable in Australian Year 12 and the minimum entry requirement in the program to that they’ve applied for, as well as an English language equivalent with Academic IELTS 6.0 all-around with at least 5.5.*
- Entry into postgraduate studies: A degree comparable to the Australian Bachelor degree; and an English language equivalent to Academic IELTS 6.5*.
3. For a continuing scholarship year/s, the amount is based on merit and based on the previous scholarships year’s course GPA (across the 8 units you have completed):
- Course GPA 4.0 to 5.5 – $5000
- Course GPA 5.5 to 7.0 – $8000
4. Students must satisfy the requirements for attendance in their visa program and their scholarship to be in the running for the scholarship.
5. Citizens and permanent residents in Australia and New Zealand are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply for Southern Cross University Scholarships
To apply for the Southern Cross University International Scholarships, follow the following application instructions:
1. International students can select the available courses for students who want the opportunity to get a visa permit to study in Australia.
2. Apply for the SCU:
- Southern Cross University accepts applications through the:
1. Education Agents
2. Direct Applications
3. Online Application through E-Apps
Note: Applicants from Bahrain, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Iraq, and Libya must apply through an Education Agent.
Direct applications: Fill out the International Application for Admission form and attach the supporting documents to avoid delays, including:
- English language test results such as TOEFL or IELTS.
- Certified copy of academic transcripts (including grading system).
- Advanced Standing application (if relevant).
- Academic or employer references (if required).
- Advanced standing refers to previous studies or work experience, which could reduce the course length.
- SCU recommends submitting your application at least two weeks before the date you’re planning to start your studies.
- Fill out the application form from here.
- Send your Application to (firstname.lastname@example.org)