You don’t want to miss the Griffith University Scholarships for International Students if you need financial assistance to study in Australia. Applicants are currently open for international students to pursue their undergraduate, postgraduate, or postdoctoral studies.
The scholarships are granted to high-achieving foreign high school graduates applying to study at Griffith University.
Griffith University was established in 1971. Located in South East Queensland on the east coast of Australia, it is a public research university. The University officially opened in 1975 and introduced the first degree in Australia’s environmental sciences and Asian studies.
The name of the University is derived directly from Sir Samuel Walker Griffith, the first Chief Justice of the High Court of Australia. He was twice the premier of Queensland. Sir Samuel Griffith played a significant role in the Federation of Australia and was one of the prominent authors of Australia’s constitution.
The University was established at Nathan as an individual campus with 451 students. It has grown and currently has 5 campuses that span three cities. The biggest of which is located at the Gold Coast campus at Southport and the Nathan campus in Brisbane. There are two campuses in Brisbane, Mount Gravatt and South Bank, while the Logan campus is located at Meadowbrook.
Griffith has a student population of around 50,000 and offers a range of postgraduate, undergraduate, and research degree programs in the fields of government and business criminology and law engineering, education, information technology, environment, planning and architecture humanities and languages, health, as well as music, science and aviation, and the visual and creative arts. As a member of the IRU, Griffith University is a verdant university.
- Study in: Australia
- Institution: Griffith University
- Level of Study: Undergraduate/Masters/PhD/Postdoctoral
- Program Period: According to the program selected
- Course Offered: For information about Majors, click here
- Deadline: 31 January (to start Trimester 1), 3 June (to start Trimester 2), 30 September (to start Trimester 3)
You must fulfill the following criteria to be eligible for Griffith University Scholarships:
- Required Language: English.
- Countries: Worldwide except for Australia and New Zealand.
- You must have a minimum GPA in your previous studies of 5.5 or higher on a scale of 7 points or equivalent. Verify your eligibility using the Minimum GPA requirements (PDF).
- You must have applied to attend Griffith on or before the scholarship application close date.
- Complete every academic requirement and English language requirement to enter the postgraduate or undergraduate course.
How to Apply for Griffith University Scholarships
1. Choose the degree: Griffith offers hundreds of study options, as their study website will help you find the best degree for you.
2. Entry requirements:
- In the Degree finder, check if you meet the academic and English language entry requirements.
- If you don’t meet the direct entry requirements, consider a pathway option.
3. Check if you are eligible for credit:
- If you already have existing qualifications or job experience, you might be eligible for credit that will cut down the length of your studies.
- For application, you must provide information about your qualifications or work experience in the credit for previous studies section of your application. You could be required to provide a detailed outline of your previous qualification(s) in English. Check credit here.
4. Prepare supporting documentation
Prepare supporting documentation, including:
- a certified* copy of your academic results (it should be translated into English if applicable)
- a certified* copy of your English test results (if it is available) and finally
- you may need to submit an audition or a portfolio of work.
5. Application: Apply online or via an internationally registered recruiting agent.
If you’re currently enrolled in an Australian high school, you can apply via QTAC or UAC.